Earth Day Beauty Stats
Today is Earth Day, so we wanted to share with you some pretty awesome earth-y beauty stats from Poshly.com:
- 11% of consumers “always” buy organic beauty products!
- 25% of women are drawn to organic and all-natural products while 65% say it depends on what they’re shopping for
- 34% of women find organic products to be just as effective as non-organic products with 22% of women say their more effective than non-organic products
- The top 3 sources for organic and all-natural product recommendations are: bloggers (38%), friends and family (25%), and online communities (17%).
- There is a strong correlation between organic cosmetics and fashion: 43% of organic beauty shoppers also buy clothes made of organic or recycled materials!
- As well as food: 47% of organic beauty shoppers say they only eat organic food
- Consumers younger than 35-years-old are most likely to care about eco-friendliness of beauty products; 30% say eco-friendliness is “very important.”
- 72% of women say sulfate-free shampoo is important to them