The UK is undoubtedly a trendsetter in the skin care, cosmetics and hair care markets. Gillian Waddell, Managing Director of Fuel PR International, an award-winning London-based agency, gives us her top UK beauty trends for 2014:
- ‘Cosmeceuticals’ (cosmetics and beauty products containing active pharmaceutical ingredients to improve the overall look and health of skin) represent the fastest growing segment of today’s beauty industry.
- The biggest focus is on anti-aging products, which offer an alternative to cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Antioxidants are currently one of the most popular ingredients in skin care cosmetics, and are being included in other health care products due to their proven benefits to overall health.²
- ‘Mixologiste’ is a key beauty trend for 2014. The main focus is on seeking inspiration from different ingredients and categories to create new combinations and to develop products that are revolutionary and exciting.
- BB, CC (and even DD) creams are moving into nail, lip and hair care products. Newly launched BB hair creams promise to protect and reinforce hair fibers.
- Hair perfume will leave hair smelling fresh and protect it against UV damage and colour fading, while retaining maximum moisture, condition and nourishment.
- Many hair care products are inspired by makeup or cosmetics, such as hairstyle extenders, which lock in style for longer, and hair foundations for hair touch-up treatments.
Gillian Waddell is Managing Director of Fuel PR International; a dynamic, award – winning London-based UK agency, providing national and international companies with high profile, results-driven campaigns which support their business growth and ambitions. For information, please contact Gillian on +44 (207) 848 8211 or email Gillian@fuelrefuel.com.