Red Carpet Ready
In as little as 3-4 weeks you will be able to get fit, get beautified, and even bounce back from a little nip and tuck with help from our experts.
4 Weeks Before An Event
About a month before the big day you want to plan out your schedule to fit in workouts. By this time you should have already picked out your outfit, so the goal isn’t to slim down for the big day but to tone up. The perfect workout for this task is The Bar Method, which should be done 3-4 times a week. The Bar Method is designed to tone and sculpt muscles, enhance posture, and reshape your body. Creator of The Bar Method, Burr Leonard, shares a quick tip on how this look is achieved. “The Bar Method class alternates between exercises that demand intense bursts of energy and deep stretches. This format produces both high caloric burn and firmer muscle mass. It also gives you an overall slimmer, more youthful appearance by working on your posture.”
3 Weeks Before Event
Board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Robert Kratschmer of Houston, Texas suggests a few quick procedures that require three weeks or less total recovery time.
1. Breast Augmentation: Whether you have been considering a breast enhancement for years or you just want to fill out your dress, this procedure is quick and easy with minimal down time. It takes about 2 hours in surgery, 1 week until you’re back to normal activities, and 3 weeks until you can exercise normally.
2. CoolSculpting: As a non-surgical alternative to liposuction, CoolSculpting helps you get a thinner and trimmer midsection. “On average, a single CoolSculpting treatment creates a 25 percent reduction in fat in the treated area,” Kratschmer explains. The device cools fat cells to a point at which they become damaged and die, and this is why your thinner appearance will become visible as soon as 3 weeks after treatment.
3. Lipo of neck and chin: As we age, certain elements start to sag and lose firmness and even by our mid-twenties this is visible in some facial features. With just 2 weeks recovery time, liposuction of the neck can give you back your sculpted jawline.
2 Weeks Before
A couple weeks before a big day is the best time for any facial rejuvenations. For whatever area you want treated, any injectables or peels will need at least a week for swelling to go down.
1. BOTOX®- “The most common area of injection is between the eyebrows where adults frequently develop a furrow. This area responds extremely well to Botox. “Crows feet” and forehead lines also respond well,” explains Dr. Rebecca Baxt of Baxt Cosmedical. When applied carefully it helps you obtain a smooth appearance. They have also recently started using Botox for under the eye and areas around the mouth.
2. Fraxel® Laser Resurfacing- Many women and men are unaware of this new facial peel technology. The laser is applied in microscopic spots to minimize downtime. You will have a “sunburnt” look immediately after, but within a week you will notice smooth skin, less wrinkles and faded brown spots!
3. Fillers- Another quick way to amp up your look is with the option of several different injectable fillers. Fillers are used to plump up lips, fill in lines and wrinkles, and contour the face.
1 Week Before
For the past few weeks you have been exercising, beautifying, and planning last minute details for your overall look. It is important to remember that looking good on the outside is achieved by feeling good on the inside. Cosmetic treatments can aid in a beauty regimen, but to get a glowing appearance you must nourish your body with plenty of healthy foods. Certified nutritionist, Franci Cohen has created an event -Prep food guide of which nutrients to include in your diet pre-event day.
1. Carrots for a Natural Glow: We all know that eating obscene amounts of carrots can give the skin that orange hue, but a slightly above average intake can do wonders for your health as well as your beauty regimen. Carrots are high in beta carotene (a derivative of Vitamin A, which plays a huge roll in the renewal, protection, and fortification of cells). Ingesting this from nutrient-rich sources such as carrots, will most definitely beautify your skin from within. Over three decades of research support the claim that those who eat ample amounts of Vitamin A from betacarotene, have lower incidences of ski cancers, and have long-term glowing, beautiful, and nurtured skin!
2. Almond Milk for Smooth Skin: Almond milk is a nutrient-dense food that offers an abundance of essential nutrients and trace minerals such as manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, vitamin B-2, vitamin E, tryptophan, and copper. It has many health benefits, including promoting healthier, vital, and younger looking skin. The vitamin E in almond milk protects the skin from free radical damage, leaving only plump, young, beautiful skin. Almond milk plays a role in the body’s oil-regulation, which can prevent acne and other skin conditions caused by oily skin. Almond milk is also an excellent hydrator for the skin.
3. Blueberries for Clear Skin: Blueberries are high in antioxidants, which fight those nasty free radicals that we keep mentioning. They protect the skin from premature aging, and help maintain a healthy and clear complexion. They have even been labeled “the fountain of youth”! As they counteract the aging process, they help skin steer clear of the age spots, wrinkles, acne, and other blemishes that accompany the aging process. So stock up on blueberries, and you may just be that 30 year old who looks like a teenager!
4. Flaxseeds to reduce Wrinkles and Dry Skin: The oil from these tiny little flaxseeds can do wonders for skin tone. Flaxseed oils are very high in omega 3 fatty acids, which are very beneficial to the skin. It is loaded with vitamin B, potassium, magnesium, fiber, and zinc. This is the perfect elixir to treat various skin disorders associated with dry skin, such as eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis. Omega 3 fatty acids are also essential for the repair of skin cells, leading to the reduction, smoothening, and prevention of wrinkles.
3 Days Before
The big day is almost here and you are looking fabulous! Now it is time to try out another important look – your hair. This could honestly be the toughest choice because there are so many different hair trends, how do you know which is the right look for you? Danny Jelaca of the Danny Jelaca Salon in Miami Beach advises that the hair should compliment the dress design, so he has picked his top looks for each.
¨ For a sweetheart top: For a strapless dress it is best to let your hair fall down with loose bouncy curls. Repeat: LOOSE curls, you don’t want it to look like a Quinceañera! To bring some of the weight off your face, take a small strand from each side and pin it back around the head.
¨ For a low cut back: This look is stunning in itself, so you don’t want to have your hair hanging down. An interesting hairstyle would be a low side pony with loose waves. Start with clean hair and using a large curling iron make big waves. Pin loosely onto either side, securing any loose strands in place. Decorate with tiny white flowers or a tiny braid.
¨ For a lacey top: Lace is a huge hit in fashion these days and nothing could look more glamorous on a wedding dress. Like Duchess Kate’s dress, the lace adds a look of elegance and class, so the hairstyle should match. A classy style is a medium-high messy bun. You don’t want a tight bun that is too ballerina-esque, and also not that high. “A bun just above the middle of the scalp is elegant, flirty and extremely stylish,” says Danny. You should start with wavy hair and pull it back into a ponytail. They waves will help the hair twirl around the base of the pony and be secured into the bun. For a sleek look, tease the front and smooth it back, and for a more relaxed look pull some pieces down around the front of your face.